Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Any advice for me on a first date?

At work the other day I was outside having a smoke and there were a couple of guys out there for a break too. I had seen them the week before and they made a joke about how it was the no smoking area or something. They are guys hired by my company to do renovations so I guess I dont technically work with them. When I saw them again I was talking with my friend and she had to go in before I did. But we were all enjoying a nice conversation. The 2 guys and I were walking down the hall once we were done outside. And the ';cute'; one was asking me what I did for the company and I asked the same. Then out of no where he asks if Im busy this weekend and would I like to get together. He gives me his # before I have a chance to give him mine, and it kinda seemed like he was nervous/shaky a little. I though it was cute, and I said I would talk to him soon. I decided I would wait 2 days to call him which is today. Now Im kinda freakin out. I haven't been on a first date in abour 4 years. Im 26 and he seems early 30's to me. I was planning on seeing a band at a town festival and I didn't know if it was appropriate/ a good idea to invite him to that, or if I should let him decide what were doing. On top of that Im not great at reading men in general, is the nervousness thing good, bad, indifferent? I don't usually get good looking men wanting to go out with me, although I myself am good looking. Its usually people who freak me out that want to talk to me. I know Im over thinking this, but I was in a relationship for a long time with someone and I know Im ready to be out there and meet someone great, Im just a little rusty. What I keep running over is what all his actions meant, what do i wear, how forceful should I be in the planning, and how much of myself do I really show on a first date. Im pretty much a tomboy at heart who likes to dress up and look pretty and do girly things but ';boy'; things as well. I like beer and baseball, but gossip magazines and clothes. Any advice for me men and women out there?Any advice for me on a first date?
You will be fine!!!! Go out, have fun and enjoy his company! Wing it if you guys have to... sometimes they make the best dates! Be yourself, be honest and time will tell. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment